Saturday, May 16, 2009

Picture of the Day



I was on Jack and Jill Politics today, and saw the picture next to the morning thread with the following caption:

President Barack Obama bends over so the son of a White House staff member can pat his head during a family visit to the Oval Office May 8, 2009. The youngster wanted to see if the President’s haircut felt like his own.
(Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)


I smiled as I read the caption, while thoughts of my niece O, and my nephew, D, filled my head and smiled even wider because they can grow up in a world where the President is just like the two of them. Young, Black, Intelligent, and Strong


You know folks, after living in the Deep South for most of my life, I find myself still in awe when I see pictures like this one. I remember growing up in my classrooms and getting asked the question of "what do you want to be when you grow up?" and the ridicule if you said "I want to be president someday." But who is laughing now !!!


Ok, I had my moment lol.

No comments: